CHOC CHILDHOOD CANCER FOUNDATION SOUTH AFRICA
Area: Based in Port Elizabeth (covering greater Nelson Mandela Bay area and the Eastern Cape)
Position: Programme Coordinator (1 Year Renewable Contract)
Reports to: Eastern Cape REGIONAL MANAGER
MAIN PURPOSE: To develop and establish CHOC’s Core programmes and services towards the parent and family support; to develop and coordinate the volunteer programme; and to develop and run regional awareness campaigns.
The incumbent’s job description includes but is not limited to the following.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
Coordination of CHOC Core Programmes in PE, the greater Nelson Mandela Bay area and the Eastern Cape
Parental and family support:
- Establishing and managing parent support groups
- Creating and maintaining a data base of survivors, parents, bereaved families
- Establish an Eastern Cape Survivors’ Group
Volunteer mobilisation and coordination:
- Recruitment of parents and other volunteers to assist in programmes and activities
- Coordinating the regional volunteer programme
- Responsible for the establishment of programmes in outlying designated areas
- Responsible for community outreach programme in Port Elizabeth and surrounds
- Responsible for regional general awareness campaigns and events
- In liaison with the National Awareness Coordinator assist with regional early warning signs training programme for healthcare professionals, healthcare workers and traditional healers in remote, pre-determined areas
- Identifying and maintaining local and regional partnerships with local departments of health, organisational and individual stakeholders
- Capture the appropriate information on new contacts and keep CRM databases up to date
- Compile and submit activity/programme reports.
- Undertake any other duties that might reasonably be expected of the post holder.
THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST ARE:
- Minimum Tertiary qualification in social science, community development or a related field.
– Minimum three years proven experience working with social interventions or programme management/coordination within the development sector (health related field will be a distinct advantage);
– Experience in training
– Proven experience in data management (Knowledge of CRM would be an advantage)
- Proven Computer Skills i.e.: Microsoft Office Suite
Skills and Attributes:
- Good understanding of project/programme management;
- Well-developed communication, writing skills and presentation/facilitation skills;
- Fluency in English and isiXhosa (knowledge of other African languages would be an advantage);
- Can communicate at all levels and build sustainable relationships;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Proactive and innovative
- Willing to travel regularly within the Eastern Cape region, including overnight travel at times and travel to the Eastern Cape regional office in East London ;
- Must have valid driver’s licence (and preferably own car).
Please submit the following to email@example.com:
- A covering letter detailing your specific interest in and skills applicable for the position.
- You’re CV with the names and contact details of at least two recent references.
- Kindly state on the subject line: Programme Coordinator PE
- The deadline for all internal applications is the 30th April 2018