POSITION: NATIONAL FUNDRAISER
DEPARTMENT: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT UNIT
PROBATION: 3 MONTHS
AREA: RIVONIA, JOHANNESBURG
REPORT TO: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
START DATE: OCTOBER 2020
Purpose of Position:
To provide assistance and support to the CHOC regions by raising funds through corporates, trusts, foundations and international organisations.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Research and identify potential donors from a variety of sources, including but not limited to: the corporate sector, trusts and foundations and community organisations both in nationally and internationally.
- Make contact with potential donors to discuss funding opportunities and liaise with Regional Managers regarding these potential opportunities.
2. Proposal Development
- In consultation with the Finance & Administration Manager and Business Development Unit Manager, work with the Regional Managers to identify key priority areas for funding.
- Gather proposal information by identifying sources of information, i.e. management team, programme staff, existing materials/resources.
- Work with the Finance and Administration Manager and Regional Managers to put together proposal budgets.
- Write high-quality regional specific grant proposals, concepts and applications focusing on CHOC core programmes.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval and submission.
- Write email appeals for regions that focus on end of tax year giving, securing funds from SMMEs, including appeal for corporate debit orders.
3. Relationship Building
- Manage the process of handing over donor relationships to the respective regional manager, on approval of funding and/or receipt of funds.
4. Donor reporting
- Keep a schedule of donor reports in terms of narrative and financial requirements and deadlines for submission of reports.
- Ensure that these are communicated with the Finance & Administration Manager and the relevant Regional Manager.
- Provide support in terms of editing regional reports to ensure they are in-line with contractual agreements.
- Ensure that regions submit timeously reports directly to the respective donor.
5. Administration and Reporting
- Ensure that a donor pipeline is recorded on Salesforce, including but not limited to, leads resulting from research, communications with prospective/new donors, proposal submitted and the status of these proposals.
- Keep record of all proposals written and submitted.
- Provide monthly pipeline report to Business Development Manager and Regional Manager
Experience & Knowledge
- At least 5 years proven success in corporate fundraising in a non-profit environment.
- Experience in writing fundraising proposals aimed at corporates, trusts, foundations and international grant agencies.
- Experience in working with organisational budgets and consolidating these into programme specific budgets for funding proposals/applications.
- Experience in drafting reports for donors in line with contractual agreements.
- Experience in working with a multidisciplinary team to source information for funding proposals.
- Experience in working with donor databases. Experience in using Salesforce will be advantageous.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Professional skills and Personal attributes
- Proven ability in building rapport quickly with a diverse range of people.
- Creativity and the ability to develop new ways to inspire people about an organisation’s work.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to handle rejection.
- Ability to transfer skills and knowledge to others.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Ambitious, results orientated and able to work in a target driven environment
- Reliable and mature.
- Tertiary qualification plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience in proposal writing in a non-profit organisation.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary in the range of R360 000 – R480 000 per annum, as well as pension fund and medical aid benefits after a successful probationary period
Closing date for applications is the 11th of September 2020
Please send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org