CHOC CHILDHOOD CANCER FOUNDATION SOUTH AFRICA
AREA: EASTERN CAPE (CHOC EAST LONDON OFFICE)
POSITION: REGIONAL COORDINATOR EL
TYPE OF CONTRACT: FULL TIME (PERMANENT)
REPORTING TO: EASTERN CAPE REGIONAL MANAGER
MAIN PURPOSE: To provide administrative, financial and donor related functions; through assisting the Regional Manager to raise funds and maintain donor awareness in the region.
The incumbent’s job description is not limited to the following.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
- Provide office administrative assistance
- Keep the database and coordination of documentation up to date.
- Check daily all incoming e-mails, to distribute as necessary and take action on those responsible for.
- Take minutes of staff meetings, and send draft for RM’s approval and distribute when approved
- Maintain a staff register
- Ensure that all papers are filed appropriately and to maintain staff files
- Collate and update Salesforce data
- Calculate monthly savings on donations received and submit to head office
- To carry out stock control once a month and inventory preparation for RM once a year
- Ensure electronic equipment are in working order. This includes the fax; telephone; printer
- Accurate stock control is done once a month and inventory preparation for RM once a year. Clean audit at all times.
- CRM data were accurately collated on Salesforce.
- Undertake the day-to-day financial work and loading on Fraxion.
- Receive all cash donations, issue receipts, and prepare thank you letters
- Receive and record sales revenue, issues receipts and secure safety of revenue
- Maintain the petty cash books and arrange for monies to be banked as necessary.
- To distribute and record the Transport and Bereavement Funds to parent/care-givers
- To prepare cashbook and cash flow report monthly for the RM to be checked and then submitted to Head Office
- Manage the counting of tin monies
- Manage the jumble sale
- The cashbook and PC is collated monthly for EL
- Manage office supplies and equipment and undertake stock control and co-ordinate inventories
Support Programs, Marketing and Awareness Events:
- Provide assistance with CHOC’s support programs
- To manage volunteers related to CHOC programmes.
- To assist SW and RM to ensure greater parental involvement in CHOC activities.
- Assist the RM with the conceptualization, the planning, the implementation and the execution of regional events and campaigns. Event planning includes the search of financial donors, product sponsors, logistic sponsors and / or media partners and the allocation of tasks to relevant staff members and volunteers to assist in the delivery of a successful event or campaign.
- Assist with the participation of national campaign at regional level by ensuring the campaign plan (that was drawn up with RM input) is implemented. Assist with any enquiries surrounding the event/campaign.
- Assist with the public relations tasks to promote the event or campaign as per PR plan drawn up with RM input;
- Assist with fundraising and awareness events
- Assist with identifying potential donors and other stakeholders.
- Assist with the development of proposals for submission to donors
- To develop and implement childhood cancer awareness campaigns through different marketing methods which includes but is not limited to newsletters, networking opportunities, media engagement and mall drives as part of the promotion and marketing of CHOC and the services it provides.
- Provide Social media support re. content development
- Undertake Salesforce input
- Order and distribute branding material.
Awareness, Advocacy and Volunteers
- Ensure recruitment, training and capturing of volunteers.
THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST
Qualification: Grade 12 with an administration, finance and office management related qualification.
Experience and skills:
- At least 5 years’ experience in general administration and book keeping preferably in the NGO
- High computer literacy, particularly in MS Office; and preferably in database systems (CRM), social media platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is essential, as well as fluency in English and Afrikaans (Xhosa will be an added advantage)
- Strong administration, organizational and coordination skills.
- Good with figures and a basic understanding of accounting, financial management and reporting.
- A valid unendorsed South African driver’s license is essential.
- A team player who also works well independently
- Clear and strong alignment with CHOC’s mission and values
- Radiate professionalism
- Exceptional organizational skills
- A master at time management
- Good interpersonal skills
- A highly motivated individual with a willingness to take initiative and responsibility.
Salary in the range of R168 000 – R198 000 per annum, CHOC makes a contribution towards a pension fund and medical aid after a successful probationary period.
To apply submit your application together with supporting documents with the names and contact details of at least three recent referees to reach [email protected] (subject line state: EL REGIONAL COORDINATOR) no later than 26th February 2021: