Position: Regional Development Coordinator (Fundraiser)
Based at: CHOC Durban Office, KZN
Reports to: Regional Manager – KZN
Purpose: To contribute to the financial sustainability of the region by assisting with the development of a fundraising strategy and actively contributing to the financial growth in the region to meet the annual income targets.
Fundraising and Donor Relationships:
- To provide a financial sustainability of the region with the support the Regional Manager by maintaining and growing the donor database.
- To build active relationships with potential and existing donors and stakeholders.
- To assist with donor communication, requests, and acknowledgments.
- To develop events and campaign strategies and plans to achieve regional and national campaign objectives.
- To successful pre-plan and execute fundraising events and campaigns in collaboration with the Regional Manager, volunteers, and relevant staff.
- To develop comprehensive operating plans and budget for each event/campaign.
- To co-ordinate the design and production of all event/campaign related marketing material in line with CHOC’s Corporate Identity as well relevant merchandise. To monitor, asses and report on events and campaigns fundraising status (pre, during and post-event/campaign).
- To work in collaboration with the Regional Communication Assistant and National Events Coordinator to generate publicity for campaign.
- To increase funding by creating and implementing a fundraising plan that details how the region solicits donors and identifies funding sources such as corporates, grants, foundations, schools, community organisations, in-kind donations, charitable events and marketing opportunities.
- To share the fundraising plans with the Regional Manager for oversight and leadership.
- To create regional marketing materials, social media and advertising campaigns as part of a public relations strategy.
- To expand the brand visibility to target audiences through community relations, speaking engagements, newsletters, and charitable events in the region
- To develop and manage a regional corporate volunteering programme;
- To liaise with regional staff in identifying corporate volunteering opportunities.
General Administration, Data Management & Reporting:
- To maintain the CRM with timely updates of all records relating to donors, donations, campaigns, and events.
- To prepare the monthly regional reports regarding fundraising income and in-kind savings and submit to the Regional Manager.
- To submit weekly reports on the status of donors, events, and campaigns.
- To provide input to the Regional Manager with the income section of the region’s annual budget.
- To ensure that all CHOC policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to.
- To undertake all responsibilities and tasks embracing CHOC’s values, ethos, and behaviours
Education: Suitably qualified candidate with a relevant bachelor’s degree.
Experience: A minimum of 3 years corporate fundraising experience within a NPO (Non-Profit Organisation) as well as in but not limited to, public relations, prospecting, business development and negotiation. Persuasive writing, strong verbal communication and the ability to interact with company executives.
Additional Training/Experience: High level computer literacy, excellent written and verbal communication skills, social media, research skills and high net worth networking.
Skills and Attributes: Strong proven relationship building, and solicitation skills are important. Attention to detail, organizing skills, ability to work under pressure, creative and analytical skills, good interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide range of corporate donors, strong planning skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities, strong team player who also works well independently.
Other: Valid driver’s license essential.
Salary in the range of R276 000 – R306 000 per annum, CHOC contributes towards a pension fund and medical aid after a successful probationary period.
All applications inclusive of a covering letter and names with contact details of at least three contactable references should be emailed to [email protected] ,clearly indicate KZN Regional Development Coordinator (Fundraiser), on the subject line by no later than 30th November 2022.