POSITION: ACCOUNTS COORDINATOR/ACCOUNTANT
REPORT TO: CHOC FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
START DATE: 1 JUNE 2023
To perform various accounting processes to achieve compliance, consistency and efficiency in the Finance and Administration Department
THE RESPONSIBILITIES ARE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Financial Duties at Head Office (HO):
- Prepare weekly payment requisitions for the Finance department.
- Load and part release weekly EFT payments for HO and the COWS. (CHOC’s Fundraising Arm)
- Check submissions for travel and expenses claims and process reimbursements.
- Full function of the debit order process – maintenance of donor details, bank recons, monthly and annual payment reports.
- Count and issue receipts for cash received at HO.
- Deposit cash received at HO (including COWS).
- Download and distribute audit reports (payment advice).
- Manage HO petty cash.
- Posting fleet card and insurance transactions to the General Ledger.
- Reconciliation of relevant general ledger accounts monthly.
- Maintain preferred supplier listing.
- Provide administrative and accounting support as required by the finance department.
- Regional Financial Duties for at least four regions (Provinces)
- Check and process regional cashbooks in the respective regional ledger. Prepare regional cashbooks where required.
- Check and reconcile petty cash and transport funds.
- Reconcile regional bank accounts, accounts payable ledgers.
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial reports. These include but not limited to Income Statement, Variance reports and detailed general ledgers.
- Provide assistance with loading and releasing of Regional EFT payments and funding transfers.
- Reconciliation of all general ledger accounts monthly.
- Maintain accounting controls by following policies and procedures.
- Preparation for audit requirements.
THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST ARE:
Qualification: BCom or Accounting Diploma
Experience: At least 3-5 years’ experience working in a finance environment
Additional Training: A sound working knowledge of at least one well known accounting system, preferably Sage Evolution
Skills and Attributes: Accuracy, numeracy, deadline-oriented and attention to detail. Proficiency in Microsoft Office particularly Excel, excellent communication skills and the ability to take and display initiative, critical thinking and a champion for compliance, honesty, and integrity, be able to work as part of a team as well as independently.
Language Proficiency: Fluency in English
Other: Computer literacy (MS Office) and good administrative skills.
Salary in the range of R312 000 – R330 000 per annum CHOC contributes towards a pension fund and medical aid after a successful probationary period.
To apply submit your CV with the names and contact details of at least 3 recent referees as well as the following documentation to reach the HR Coordinator at [email protected] no later than 14th April 2023: PLEASE USE AC/ACCOUNTANT on the subject line
- Certified copy of your identity document/passport
- Certified copy of your driver’s licence
- Certified copy of your degree certificate/academic record
If you have not received a response by close of business 21st April 2023 consider your application unsuccessful.