CHOC CHILDHOOD CANCER FOUNDATION SOUTH AFRICA
AREA: CHOC NATIONAL OFFICE – SANDTON – RIVONIA
POSITION: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
CHOC is seeking an individual with high energy, a collaborative approach and who is able to inspire and motivate their team. They must have demonstratable experience of operating at a senior level in a non-profit organisation with direct management of all income generating functions, alongside a proven track record of delivering on income targets.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a diverse fundraising and communications strategy and securing new income opportunities. They will manage a small team to carry out various activities and will be solely responsible for fundraising from Corporates, Trusts and Foundations and High-net worth individuals.
The incumbent’s job description entails but is not limited to the following.
- Oversee the development and implementation of an organisational fundraising strategy that includes a diverse range of income streams, including but not limited to corporates, trusts, foundations, high-net worth individuals, bequests, individuals, internal and external events, cause related marketing, digital fundraising, community fundraising and international fundraising.
- Seek new income opportunities through networking with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Research funding opportunities that are aligned to the CHOC vision, mission and objectives.
- Work with relevant CHOC staff to develop and submit high quality funding applications and proposals and coordinate donor reports in accordance with contracts and agreements.
- Cultivate and deepen relationships with lapsed, existing, and potential donors/supporters/partners.
- Work with the CEO to guide, support and build the capacity of Regional Managers and CHOC fundraisers to increase their fundraising knowledge and income targets.
- Oversee the Fundraising plans and reporting process, nationally, and to provide regular feedback and guidance on these.
- Oversee the development and implementation of effective donor retention strategies.
- Create and oversee national campaigns and events but not limited to, Flip Flop Day and Be Bold Go Gold
- Work collaboratively with The CHOC Cows on fundraising initiatives.
- Oversee the on-line CHOC Shop, sourcing of CHOC merchandise and distribution to regions.
Marketing, Communications and Branding:
- Oversee the development and implementation of the CHOC Communications strategy.
- Continually assess communications techniques, and their efficacy.
- Incorporate digital media strategies to generate income through individual giving, including but not limited to the CHOC website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
- Oversee the development of all marketing materials, including but not limited to, brochures and annual reviews.
- Monitor all internal and external communications to ensure the integrity of the CHOC brand is in line with the organisation’s corporate identity.
- Responsible for effectively implementing CHOCs communications strategy using Salesforce and Pardot.
Managing the Business Development Unit:
- Build the team through initiating creative ideas, imparting knowledge and experience, as well as providing motivation and inspiration.
- Set the precedent for excellence through leading by example.
- Manage the BDU Staff in all aspects (including setting their goals with them, performance appraisals and staff development).
- General management and oversight of the department such as preparing regular reports and developing and managing budget.
- Lead and overseeing the maintenance and full utilisation of the customer relationship management (CRM) system (Salesforce).
- Oversee the development of training programmes to build the capacity of CHOC staff to be able to effectively utilise the CRM and to ensure it is up-to-date and relevant.
- Be an active and contributing member of the Senior Management Team.
- Contribute to the effective implementation of the organisations five-year strategy.
THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST ARE:
Experience: A minimum 5 years’ experience in implementing marketing, communications and fundraising for a non-profit organisation and a minimum of two years in managing a team to reach income targets and goals.
Additional Training: Computer literacy (MS Office), good administrative skills and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software (preferably Salesforce and Pardot
Skills and Attributes:
- An understanding of local and international donors, the NGO sector and fundraising trends (including digital fundraising)
- A proven track record in securing funds from a diverse range of income sources.
- Self-motivating, proactive and a drive for success
- Good analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Good general organising skills
Other: A valid unendorsed South African driver’s licence.
Interested candidates must please send a motivation letter highlighting your suitability to the post and your fundraising achievements. Also attach your CV and contact details of three work related referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact will only be made with shortlisted candidates.