AREA: FREE STATE & KALAHARI REGION
POSITION: REGIONAL ASSISTANT FS
TYPE OF CONTRACT: FULL TIME (PERMANENT)
REPORTING TO: REGIONAL MANAGER
MAIN PURPOSE: To provide administrative assistance related to the daily running of the office, financial work and record keeping of the office and to support the Regional Manager (RM) in taking CHOC’s work forward in the Free State and Kalahari Region by maintaining an effective and well-organised regional office.
The incumbent’s job description is not limited to the following.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
- Provide office administrative assistance.
- Keep the database and coordination of documentation up to date.
- Check daily all incoming e-mails, to distribute as necessary and take action on those responsible for.
- Take minutes of staff meetings, and send draft for RM’s approval and distribute when approved.
- Maintain a staff register; staff leave schedule; as well complete leave forms and overtime forms on behalf of staff for the approval of the RM.
- Ensure that all papers are filed appropriately
- Collate and update Salesforce data
- Calculate monthly savings on donations received and submit to National Office To carry out stock and merchandise control once a month and inventory preparation for RM once a year.
- Ensure electronic equipment are in working order. This includes the fax; telephone; printer. Monitor the printer usage.
Office Management Duties
- Manage office supplies and all equipment and ensure that the equipment is well-maintained and in a working order.
- Provide immediate attention when maintenance or repair is needed and obtain necessary quotes according to procurement policy for RM’s approval.
- Update the asset register when equipment either leave or arrive in the region and keep record including the necessary documentation. Ensure a clean audit.
- Keep the procurement folder updated with quotes and services offered as per the procurement policy and ensure that the suppliers contact list is constantly updated.
- Undertake the day-to-day financial work and loading on Fraxion (in-house procurement system).
- Receive all cash donations, issue receipts, and prepare thank you letters.
- Receive and record sales revenue, issues receipts and secure safety of revenue.
- Maintain the petty cash books and arrange for monies to be banked as necessary.
- To distribute and record the Transport and Bereavement Funds to parent/caregivers.
- To prepare cashbook and cash flow report monthly for the RM to be checked and then submitted to National Office.
- Manage the counting of tin monies according to CHOC’s financial policy.
- Run the CHOC shop.
- Collate the cashbook and Petty Cash monthly for the region.
- Manage office supplies and equipment and undertake stock and merchandise control and co-ordinate inventories.
Support Programmes, Marketing and Awareness Events:
- Provide assistance with CHOC’s support programmes – ensuring that all monthly reports are correct and reach the RM in time for approval and to submit to the National Office.
- To manage volunteers related to CHOC Volunteer Management Programme
- To assist Social Worker (SW) and RM to ensure greater parental involvement in CHOC activities.
- Assist the RM with the conceptualization, the planning, the implementation and the execution of regional events and campaigns. Event planning includes the search of financial donors, product sponsors, logistic sponsors and / or media partners and the allocation of tasks to relevant staff members and volunteers to assist in the delivery of a successful event or campaign.
- Assist with the participation of national campaigns at regional level by ensuring the campaign plan is implemented. Assist with any enquiries surrounding the event/campaign.
- Assist with the public relations tasks to promote the event or campaign as per PR plan drawn up with RM input.
- Assist with fundraising and awareness
- Assist with identifying potential donors and other stakeholders.
- To develop and implement childhood cancer awareness campaigns through different marketing methods which includes but is not limited to newsletters, networking opportunities, media engagement and mall drives as part of the promotion and marketing of CHOC and the services it provides.
- Provide Social media support.
- Undertake Salesforce input.
- Order and distribute branding material and merchandise.
THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST
Qualification: Grade 12 with a Finance and Administration qualification
Experience and skills:
- At least 5 years’ experience in general administration, preferably in the NGO
- High computer literacy, particularly in MS Office; and preferably in database systems (Salesforce), social media platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is essential, as well as fluency in in Afrikaans & Sotho.
- Strong administration, organizational and coordination skills.
- Good with figures and a basic understanding of accounting, financial management and reporting.
- A valid endorsed South African driver’s license is essential.
- A team player who also works well and independently
- Clear and strong alignment with CHOC’s mission and values
- Radiate professionalism
- Exceptional organizational skills
- A master at time management
- A highly motivated individual with a willingness to take initiative and responsibility.
Salary in the range of R132 000 – R156 000 per annum, CHOC makes a contribution towards a pension fund and medical aid after a successful probationary period.
To apply submit your application together with supporting documents with the names and contact details of at least three recent referees to reach email@example.com (subject line state: FS REGIONAL ASSISTANT) no later than 16th February 2021: