AREA: CHOC GAUTENG SOUTH (DIEPKLOOF HOUSE)
POSITION: HOUSE SUPPORT ASSISTANT
REPORTING TO: DIEPKLOOF HOUSE SUPERVISOR
START DATE: TBC
Assist with the support given to patients and parents / caregivers at the CHOC house. The incumbent’s job description is not limited to the following.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
Service Provider of Choice:
- Ensure that the appropriate standard of services and support are provided for the children and their families.
- Clean the premises throughout
- Change bed linen and do laundry
- Defrost and clean fridges
- Clean the inside and outside of windows every six weeks
- Clean laundry once a week
- Dustbins to be put out on collection day
- Ensure that soap, towels, and toilet rolls are provided as necessary
- Check the availability of stock in the kitchen to assist House Supervisor
- Update room occupancy records daily
Meals and Refreshments:
- Prepare nutritional meals for children and parents/caregivers
- Assist with arrangements for meetings
- Wear the uniform provided and name tag when on duty
- Complete the attendance register on arrival and departure
- Ensure that parents complete the admission forms on arrival and that the required indemnities required are signed
- Provide tea/coffee for donors and volunteers
THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST ARE:
Qualification: Grade 8 onwards
Experience: Experience in the following areas is essential – caring for people comprised by illness, Household management skills, cooking and house maintenance and cleaning.
Additional Training: Computer literate, first aid and CPR qualification (or willingness to be trained in these areas), Ability to communicate in African languages, and aspirational skills.
Skills and Attributes: Compassion, empathy, patience, and discretion. Highly motivated that will take initiative and additional responsibility, willingness to work weekends.