CHOC CHILDHOOD CANCER FOUNDATION SOUTH AFRICA
AREA: HEAD OFFICE IN RIVONIA
POSITION: HUMAN RESOURCE COORDINATOR
REPORT TO: CHOC HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
START DATE: 01 AUGUST 2022
The purpose of this role is to provide an effective Human Resources administration and coordination services in an efficient, professional, and effective manner, supporting with areas of responsibility for administration and provide flexibility to enable the HR department to cope with workloads to maintain a smooth-running department.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES ARE BUT NOT LIMITED HERETO
Recruitment and Selection:
• Assist the HR Manager in sourcing the best advertising platform for all vacant positions
• Assist in posting advertisements for all vacant positions.
• Conduct administrative duties for the HR Manager in screening CV’s and applications, setting interview appointments and the logistics thereof.
• Ensure that the relevant Hiring Manager has completed the interview questionnaire and it’s approved by the HR Manager.
• Prepare interview packs for the interview panel.
Induction & On Boarding
• Welcome packs are prepared in time for the new employee.
• Ensure that all the necessary resources are in place for the new employee’s first day.
• An induction program/plan is coordinated with the relevant managers, and the relevant people to do induction have been booked.
• Ensure that the induction checklist is completed and filed in the staff file.
• Payroll administration on the VIP Payroll system. This includes the entire cycle of payroll processing from capturing of new employees, leave and terminations.
• Processing of payments and generating reports for payments. e.g. To third parties.
• Timeous and accurate collection of data for all new employees.
• Liaise with staff regarding pay queries.
• Electronic and manual filing of related documents.
• Ensure that filing of staff information is up to date and comply with the quality system.
• Maintain a proper document control system.
• Archive month-end files and reports for previous tax year.
• Keep abreast with company policies and tax legislations that impact on remuneration.
• Assist with month-end reporting.
Health and Safety
• Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year
• Participate in safety forums created by the company for example safety meetings and safety talks
• Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
• Discuss all safety incidents
• Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
o Attend safety education and refresher programs.
o Comply with safety policies and procedures at the workplace • Distribute safety information as and when required.
Human Resource General Administration:
• Provide data and prepare all relevant HR correspondence, documents and or/reports as and when required.
• Deal with enquiries, requests, and queries timeously and escalate to HRM if necessary.
• Assist with the maintenance and development of policies and procedures.
• Check and keep track of the attendance register.
• Prepare all payment requisitions relevant for the HR Department, and ensure they are paid on time.
• Assist the HRM to prepare for annual payroll audit.
• As and when needed source training quotes for staff training.
• Update all relevant HR documentation.
• Prepare for and attend all HR related meetings as and when necessary, e.g. EE Meeting
• Take minutes and distribute minutes to all parties involved.
• As and when required complete all UIF documents.
• Coordinate employee wellness, engagement initiatives and related events
THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Experience: A minimum of 3-5 years’ working experience in an HR environment, A full understanding of HRpractices and best practice, exposure to BCEA, LRA, OHS, EE and POPI Act
Systems: A sound working knowledge of at least one well known HR system, preferably Sage Payroll Professionaland Sage Self Service.
Skills and Attributes: Ability to maintain confidentiality and integrity, accuracy, numeracy, deadline-oriented, strong attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, be proactive and display initiative, critical thinking and a champion for compliance, the ability to work as part of a team as well as independently, strong interpersonal skills, strong decision making and problem solving skills, will be able to work autonomously and efficiently to ensure the end-to-end running of HR projects and operations
Language Proficiency: Fluency in English
Other: Computer literacy (MS Office) and good administrative skills.
To apply submit your CV with the names and contact details of at least 3 recent referees as well as the supporting documentation to [email protected] no later than 24th June 2022, A covering letter detailing your specific interest in and skills applicable for the position and your salary expectations
Salary & Benefits
Salary in the range of R192 000 – R222 000 per annum, as well as pension fund and medical aid benefits after a successful probationary period