AREA: HEAD OFFICE IN RIVONIA
POSITION: HUMAN RESOURCE COORDINATOR (HR GENERALIST )
REPORT TO: CHOC HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
START DATE: 01 DECEMBER 2023
The purpose of the HR Generalist function is primarily focused on offering administrative support to the Human Resources Manager, in all functions of the Human Resources Department within the company.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES ARE BUT NOT LIMITED HERETO
Recruitment and Selection:
- Source the best advertising platform for various vacant positions
- Assist in posting advertisements for vacant positions.
- Conduct administrative duties for the HR Manager in screening CV’s and applications, setting up interviews, appointments, and the logistics thereof.
- Ensure that the relevant Hiring Manager has completed the interview questionnaire and it’s approved by the HR Manager.
- Prepare interview packs for the interview panel.
Induction & On Boarding
- Welcome packs are prepared in time for the new employee.
- Ensure that all the necessary resources are in place for new employee’s first day.
- An induction program/plan is coordinated with the relevant managers, and the relevant staff.
- induction have been booked.
- Ensure that the induction checklist is completed and filed in the staff file.
- Payroll processing
- Payroll administration on the VIP Payroll system. This includes the entire cycle of payroll processing from
- capturing of new employees, leave and terminations.
- Processing of payments and generating reports for payments. e.g. To third parties.
- Timeous and accurate collection of data for all new employees.
- Liaise with staff regarding pay queries.
- Electronic and manual filing of related documents.
- Ensure that filing of staff information is up to date and comply with the quality system.
- Maintain a proper document control system.
- Archive month-end files and reports for previous tax year.
- Keep abreast with company policies and tax legislations that impact on remuneration.
- Assist with month-end reporting.
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by the company for example safety meetings and safety talks.
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people.
- Discuss all safety incidents.
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management.
- Attend safety education and refresher programs.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at the workplace.
- Distribute safety information as and when required.
- Annual statutory reporting (Return on Earnings )
Human Resource General Administration:
- Provide data and prepare all relevant HR correspondence, documents and or/reports as and when required.
- Deal with enquiries, requests, and queries timeously and escalate to HRM if necessary.
- Assist with the maintenance and development of policies and procedures.
- Check and keep track of the attendance register.
- Prepare all payment requisitions relevant for the HR Department, and ensure they are paid on time.
- Assist the HRM to prepare for annual payroll audit.
- As and when needed source training quotes for staff training.
- Update all relevant HR documentation.
- Prepare for and attend all HR related meetings as and when necessary, e.g. EE Meeting
- Take minutes and distribute minutes to all parties involved.
- As and when required complete all UIF documents.
- Coordinate employee wellness, engagement initiatives and related events.
THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Any recognised HR related qualification (bachelor’s degree or National Diploma)
A minimum of 3-5 years’ working experience in an HR environment performing full generalist function, A full understanding of HR practices and best practice, exposure to BCEA, LRA, OHS, EE and POPI Act
A sound working knowledge and experience of at least one well known payroll system, preferably Sage Payroll Professional and Sage Self Service.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- • Prior experience in an administrative role, particularly in HR, is preferred. This experience should demonstrate the candidate’s ability to handle administrative duties effectively.
- • Organisational Skills: Ability to manage tasks, documents, and schedules efficiently.
- • Time Management: Capacity to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- • Attention to Detail: Commitment to accuracy in data entry, record-keeping, and document preparation.
- • Record Maintenance: Skill in maintaining accurate employee records and HR documentation.
- • Multitasking: Capability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- • Verbal Communication: Effective oral communication for interacting with employees and external contacts.
- • Written Communication: Clear and concise writing for emails, reports, and documentation.
- • Listening Skills: Ability to understand and respond to inquiries and concerns.
- • Basic HR Understanding: Familiarity with HR policies, procedures, and compliance requirements.
- • Regulatory Knowledge: awareness of employment laws and regulations
TECHNOLOGY AND SOFTWARE PROFICIENCY:
- • MS Office Suite: Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook for document creation and data management.
- • Ethical Behaviour: Commitment to maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive HR information.
- • Service Orientation: A focus on providing excellent service to employees and candidates.
- • Analytical Skills: Ability to analyse information and make informed decisions.
- • Solution-Oriented: A proactive approach to resolving HR-related issues.
- • Team Player: Willingness to collaborate with HR team members and other departments.
- • Interpersonal Skills: Ability to build positive working relationships.
- • Flexibility: Readiness to adapt to changing HR processes, policies, and technologies.
- • Candidate and Employee Focus: Prioritising the needs of candidates and employees and providing helpful assistance.
- • Problem Identification: The ability to recognise potential HR issues or trends that may require attention.
- • Cultural Competence: Understanding and respect for diverse backgrounds and perspectives in the workplace.
- • Initiative: A proactive approach to identifying tasks and responsibilities and taking the lead in completing them.
- • Conflict Resolution: Skill in managing and de-escalating interpersonal conflicts or HR-related issues.
- • Professionalism: Maintaining a professional demeanour, appearance, and conduct in all interactions.
- • Continuous Learning: A commitment to staying updated on HR best practices and trends.
- • Dependability: Consistently meeting work commitments and expectations.
To apply submit your CV with the names and contact details of at least 3 recent referees as well as the supporting documentation to [email protected] no later than 9 November, A covering letter detailing your specific interest in and skills applicable for the position