CHOC CHILDHOOD CANCER FOUNDATION SOUTH AFRICA
AREA: NATIONAL OFFICE IN RIVONIA
POSITION: REGIONAL ACCOUNTS COORDINATOR (ACCOUNTANT)
REPORT TO: CHOC FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
START DATE: 1 November 2023
To perform various accounting processes and functions to achieve compliance, consistency and efficiency in the Finance and Administration Department.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES ARE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Review and process regional cashbooks in the respective regional ledger.
- Review and process regional petty cash and transport funds.
- Prepare and process relevant regional cashbooks.
- Performing accounts payable and receivable functions.
- Reconcile monthly petty cash, transport funds and bank accounts.
- Assist with loading and releasing of regional EFT payments and transfers where required.
- Download and distribute audit reports (proof of payment).
- Review and reconciliation of general ledger accounts monthly.
- Maintain accounting controls by adhering to policies and procedures.
- Ensure that regional staff adhere to policies and procedures.
- Ensure that financial records are complete and accurate.
- Perform monthly variance analysis and provide variable contributions.
- Conduct analyses and evaluations to look for ways to reduce costs.
- Ensure that all payment requisitions include relevant supporting documentation.
- Ensure that all expenses have been appropriately approved and within budget on the spend management system.
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial reports. These include but not limited to Income Statement, variance reports and detailed general ledgers.
- Check submissions for travel and expenses claims and process reimbursements.
- Cash deposits as and when required.
- Manage and control the office petty cash (back up).
- Maintain regional preferred supplier listings.
- Ensure that bank account beneficiaries are loaded on the banking system.
- Ensure compliance with supplier and donor take on processes.
- Provide administrative and accounting support as and when required.
- Prepare for the annual external audit.
THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Qualification: A bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar.
Experience: At least 3-5 years’ relevant experience, preferably in a non-profit organisation.
Skills and Attributes:
- Numeracy, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Be an analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to take and display initiative.
- Proficiency in accounting software such as Sage Evolution or similar.
- Time management.
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work as a team player as well as independently.
Language Proficiency: Fluency in English
Other: Proficiency in Microsoft Office and good administrative skills.
To apply submit your CV with the names and contact details of at least 3 recent referees as well as the following documentation to reach the HR Coordinator at [email protected] no later than 18th October 2023: PLEASE USE REGIONAL ACCOUNTS COORDINATOR (ACCOUNTANT) on the subject line.
- Certified copy of your identity document/passport
- Certified copy of your driver’s licence
- Certified copy of your degree certificate/academic record
If you have not received a response by close of business 31st October 2023 consider your application unsuccessful.