POSITION: REGIONAL ADMINISTRATOR
REPORT TO: REGIONAL MANAGER NR
START DATE: 1 JUNE 2023
To coordinate and fulfil the necessary administrative, financial, database and regional support duties that also include support of CHOC programmes and fundraising initiatives where needed. Together with the members of the Northern Region team, to take CHOC’s work forward by maintaining an effective and well-organised regional office. The incumbent’s job description is not limited to the following.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
- Provide the necessary office administration to ensure a well functional office.
- Collate documentation and update Salesforce database
- Check daily all incoming e-mails, to distribute as necessary and take action on those responsible for.
- Take minutes of staff meetings, and send draft for RM’s approval and distribute when approved in a timely manner
- Maintain the staff files and register by ensuring that all papers are filed appropriately
- Calculate monthly savings on donations received and submit to Regional Manager
- To carry out stock control once a month and update inventory accordingly
- Ensure electronic equipment are in working condition that includes telephones; printer etc.
- Accurate stock control is done once a month and a clean audit is kept at all times.
- Undertake the day-to-day financial work
- Receive all cash donations, issue receipts, and coordinate with relevant staff regarding the thank you letters
- Receive and record sales revenue, issues receipts and secure safety of revenue
- Maintain the offices and hospitals petty cash books as per the financial policies and procedures.
- Obtain necessary quotes according to CHOC procurement policies and procedures for the RM approval;
- Seek the necessary documents for new supplier take on.
- To distribute and record the Transport and Bereavement Funds to parent/caregivers (cash disbursements)
- To prepare the four hospitals and two offices petty cashbooks bi-monthly for the RM to be checked and then submitted to Head Office in a timely manner.
- Manage the counting of tin monies.
- Manage the jumble sale
- Manage office supplies and equipment and undertake stock control and co-ordinate inventories
- Manage the asset register for yearly submission to head office.
- Accept, record in-kind donations and upload to Salesforce. Manage the appropriate acknowledgement through Salesforce.
Support Programs, Marketing and Awareness Events:
- Provide assistance with CHOC’s support programs
- Assist with fundraising and awareness events
- Assist with uploading of contact information (fundraising and programmes) to Salesforce.
- Order and upkeep the regional merchandise inventory.
THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST
Qualification: Grade 12 with an administration, finance and office management related qualification.
Experience and skills:
- At least 5 years’ experience in general administration and book keeping preferably in the NGO
- High computer literacy, particularly in MS Office; and preferably in database systems (CRM),
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is essential, as well as fluency in English and Afrikaans.
- Strong administration, organizational and coordination skills.
- Good with figures and a basic understanding of accounting, financial management and reporting.
- A valid unendorsed South African driver’s license is essential.
- A team player who also works well independently
- A strong work ethic; accuracy; accountability; honesty & integrity; a master at time management; good interpersonal skills; strong alignment with CHOC’s mission and values; radiate professionalism; A highly motivated individual with a willingness to take initiative and responsibility.
Salary in the range of R114 000 – R144 000 per annum, CHOC contributes towards a pension fund and medical aid after a successful probationary period.
To apply submit your application together with supporting documents with the names and contact details of at least three recent referees to reach [email protected] (subject line state: NR REGIONAL ADMINISTRATOR) no later than 14 APRIL 2023
If you have not received a response by close of business 21st April 2023 consider your application unsuccessful