CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation SA is seeking to employ a Regional Assistant that will be based at our CHOC House in Pietermaritzburg, KZN. This role requires a meticulous, detail orientated and mature individual to carry out the role. The incumbent may be required to develop, establish, and maintain parental and family support programmes through the supervision of the CHOC Houses in PMB and providing an appropriate environment for children with cancer and life-threatening blood disorders and their parents/caregivers.
CRITERIA: This is a live in position at CHOC in PMB with alternate weekends off. The position requires a mature yet understanding individual of high integrity that has no encumbrances which will compromise family life and reside in KZN- preferably PMB. The ideal candidate must have a valid driver’s license and must be able to drive, be proficient in both written and spoken English and in Isizulu. Computer Literacy is a requirement together with Matric and a tertiary certificate or qualification in the field of Residential Care coupled with Office Administration.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
Accommodation And Staff Supervision:
- Ensuring effective day to day running of the CHOC house & pastoral care.
- Manage the House Support Staff.
- To ensure that Health and Safety legislation is complied with.
- To manage the collection of donations and ensure that thank-you letters are sent.
- To manage the gardener and any contractor assigned to the property.
- To run weekly maintenance and staff meetings with the CHOC House staff, follow ups for CHOC Houses and attend meetings in Durban.
- To maintain a daily Activity Report for the House Staff and submit to the Regional Manager monthly.
- General procurement.
- To collect CHOC House petty cash sheets for submission to the Regional Coordinator and ensure that the amount received balances with the amounts disbursed.
- To disburse transport funds to relevant families who meet the transport policy criteria.
- To disburse financial bereavement support.
- To work closely with Regional Coordinator
Volunteer Mobilization & Coordination:
- Assist with the recruitment, selection and training of volunteers to assist in programmes and activities.
- Assisting with the community outreach programme & regional general awareness campaigns.
- Create a donor pipeline of potential donors in the area.
- Assisting with fundraising initiatives as per RM request.
- Capturing of all information pertaining to our programmes onto CRM programme.
- Compile and submit monthly Narrative, and Stats Reports, timeously.
- Inform Durban office of all cash and kind donations with relevant details, in writing.
- General filing and ad-hoc admin duties
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST ARE:
- Matric with Tertiary certificate or qualification in residential care
- Experience at supervisory level in residential care
- Minimum 2-3 years proven experience at Residential Care coupled with strong Admin
Skills and Attributes:
- Confident in communication
- A team player who works independently;
- A strong work ethic aligned with CHOC’s mission and values.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Live in position with alternate weekends off
To apply, submit your application together with supporting documents with the names and contact details of at least three recent referees to reach: [email protected] (subject line: PMB REGIONAL ASSISTANT) no later than 14th November 2022.