CHOC CHILDHOOD CANCER FOUNDATION SOUTH AFRICA
AREA: CHOC FREE STATE REGION
POSITION: REGIONAL COORDINATOR
REPORT TO: REGIONAL MANAGER FS
START DATE: 1ST June 2022
MAIN PURPOSE: To coordinate and provide the necessary administrative, financial and database support that also includes assisting with fundraising initiatives where needed. Together with the members of the Free State team, to take CHOC’s work forward by maintaining an effective and well-organised regional office. The incumbent’s job description is not limited to the following.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
- Provide office administrative assistance
- Keep the database and coordination of documentation up to date.
- Check daily all incoming e-mails, to distribute as necessary and take action on those responsible for.
- Take minutes of staff meetings, and send draft for RM’s approval and distribute when approved
- Maintain a staff register
- Ensure that all papers are filed appropriately and to maintain staff files
- Collate and update Salesforce data
- Calculate monthly savings on donations received and submit to head office
- To carry out stock control once a month and inventory preparation for RM once a year
- Ensure electronic equipment are in working order. This includes the fax; telephone; printer
- Accurate stock control is done once a month and inventory preparation for RM once a year. Clean audit at all times.
- CRM data were accurately collated on Salesforce.
- Undertake the day-to-day financial work and loading on Fraxion.
- Receive all cash donations, issue receipts, and prepare thank you letters
- Receive and record sales revenue, issues receipts and secure safety of revenue
- Maintain the petty cash books and arrange for monies to be banked as necessary.
- To distribute and record the Transport and Bereavement Funds to parent/care-givers
- To prepare cashbook and cash flow report monthly for the RM to be checked and then submitted to Head Office
- Manage the counting of tin monies
- Manage the jumble sale
- The cashbook and PC is collated monthly for Northern Region
- Manage office supplies and equipment and undertake stock control and co-ordinate inventories
Support Programs, Marketing and Awareness Events:
- Provide assistance with CHOC’s support programs
- Assist with the participation of national campaign at regional level by ensuring the campaign plan (that was drawn up with RM input) is implemented. Assist with any enquiries surrounding the event/campaign.
- Assist with the public relations tasks to promote the event or campaign as per PR plan drawn up with RM input.
- Assist with fundraising and awareness events
- Assist with identifying potential donors and other stakeholders.
- Undertake Salesforce input
- Order and distribute branding material.
THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST
Qualification: Grade 12 with an administration, finance, and office management related qualification.
Experience and skills:
- At least 5 years’ experience in general administration and bookkeeping preferably in the NGO
- High computer literacy, particularly in MS Office; and preferably in database systems (CRM),
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is essential, as well as fluency in English, Afrikaans and an additional predominant language spoken in the Free State (Sotho, tswana, xhosa)
- Strong administration, organizational and coordination skills.
- Good with figures and a basic understanding of accounting, financial management and reporting.
- A valid unendorsed South African driver’s license is essential.
- A team player who also works well independently
- A strong work ethic; accuracy; accountability; honesty & integrity; a master at time management; good interpersonal skills; strong alignment with CHOC’s mission and values; radiate professionalism; A highly motivated individual with a willingness to take initiative and responsibility.
Salary in the range of R174 000 – R192 000 per annum, CHOC contributes towards a pension fund and medical aid after a successful probationary period.
To apply submit your application together with supporting documents with the names and contact details of at least three recent referees to reach [email protected] (subject line state: FS REGIONAL COORDINATOR) no later than 8th May 2022