AREA: CHOC NORTHERN REGION (CENTURION)
POSITION: REGIONAL COORDINATOR
REPORT TO: REGIONAL MANAGER NR
START DATE: 01 October 2022
MAIN PURPOSE: To coordinate and fulfil the necessary administrative, financial and database duties that also include support of fundraising initiatives where needed. Together with the members of the Northern Region team, to take CHOC’s work forward by maintaining an effective and well-organised regional office. The incumbent’s job description is not limited to the following.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
- Provide the necessary office administration.
- Keep the database and documentation up to date.
- Check all incoming e-mails daily, to distribute as necessary and act on those responsible for.
- Take minutes of staff meetings and send draft for RM’s approval and distribute to all relevant stakeholders in time once approved.
- Maintain staff register
- Ensure that all papers are filed appropriately and to maintain staff files
- Collate and update Salesforce data
- Calculate monthly savings on donations received and submit to Regional Development Coordinator
- To carry out stock control once a month and inventory preparation for RM once a year
- Ensure electronic equipment are in working order. This includes the fax; telephone; printer.
- CRM data is captured accurately, constantly and consistently on Salesforce.
- Undertake the day-to-day financial work and loading on to Fraxion.
- Receive all cash donations, issue receipts, and coordinate with Regional Development Coordinator regarding the thank you letters
- Receive and record sales revenue, issues receipts and secure safety of revenue
- Maintain the petty cash books and arrange for monies to be banked as necessary.
- Prepare all payment requisitions and upload to Fraxion with the relevant supporting documents as per procedure.
- Obtain and upload new supplier take on documents to Fraxion
- To distribute and record the Transport and Bereavement Funds to parent/caregivers accurately.
- To prepare cashbook and cash flow report fortnightly for the RM to be checked and then submitted to Head Office on time.
- Manage the counting of tin monies
- Manage the jumble sale
- The cashbook and petty cash books are collated monthly for Northern Region
- Manage office supplies and equipment and undertake stock control and co-ordinate inventories
Support Programs, Marketing and Awareness Events:
- Provide assistance with CHOC’s support programs
- Assist with the participation of national campaign at regional level by ensuring the campaign plan (that was drawn up with RM input) is implemented. Assist with any enquiries surrounding the event/campaign.
- Assist with the public relations tasks to promote the event or campaign as per PR plan drawn up with RM input;
- Assist with fundraising and awareness events
- Assist with identifying potential donors and other stakeholders.
- Undertake Salesforce and Fraxion input
- Order and distribute branding material.
THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST
Qualification: Completed grade 12 with accounting as a subject as well as a qualification in bookkeeping, administration, and office management related qualification.
Experience and skills:
- At least 5 years working experience in general administration and bookkeeping preferably in the NGO
- Proficient in computer literacy, particularly in MS Office; and preferably in database systems (CRM),
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is essential, as well as fluency in English and Afrikaans.
- Strong administration, organizational and coordination skills.
- Good with figures and a basic understanding of accounting, financial management and reporting.
- A valid unendorsed South African driver’s license is essential.
- A team player who also works well independently
- A strong work ethic; accuracy; accountability; honesty & integrity; a master at time management; good interpersonal skills; strong alignment with CHOC’s mission and values; radiate professionalism; A highly motivated individual with a willingness to take initiative and responsibility.
Salary in the range of R180 000 – R204 000 per annum, CHOC makes a contribution towards a pension fund and medical aid after a successful probationary period.
To apply submit your application together with supporting documents with the names and contact details of at least three recent referees to reach [email protected] (subject line state: NR REGIONAL COORDINATOR) no later than 12th August 2022