CHOC CHILDHOOD CANCER FOUNDATION SOUTH AFRICA
Position: Regional Development Coordinator (Fundraising)
Based at: Centurion, City of Tshwane
Reports to: Regional Manager – Northern Region
Purpose: To contribute to the financial sustainability of the region by assisting with the development of a fundraising strategy and actively contributing to the financial growth in the region to meet the annual income targets.
- To raise funds by creating and implementing a development plan that details how the region solicits donors and identifies funding sources such as corporates, grants, foundations, schools, community organisations, in-kind donations, charitable events and marketing opportunities.
- To share the development plans with the Regional Manager for oversight and leadership.
Fundraising and Donor Relationships:
- To support the Regional Manager in developing fruitful relationships with donors and stakeholders;
- To assist with donor communication, requests and acknowledgments.
- To develop events and campaign strategies and plans to achieve regional and national campaign objectives.
- To successful pre-plan and execute fundraising events and campaigns in collaboration with the Regional Manager, volunteers and relevant staff.
- To develop comprehensive operating plans and budget for each event/campaign.
- To co-ordinate the design and production of all event/campaign related marketing material in line with CHOC’s Corporate Identity as well relevant merchandise.
- To monitor, asses and report on events and campaigns fundraising status (pre, during and post-event/campaign).
- To work in collaboration with the Regional Communication Assistant and National Events Coordinator to generate publicity for campaigns.
- To create regional marketing materials, social media and advertising campaigns as part of a public relations strategy.
- To expand the brand visibility to target audiences through community relations, speaking engagements, newsletters and charitable events in the region
- To develop and manage a regional corporate volunteering programme;
- To liaise with regional staff in identifying corporate volunteering opportunities.
General Administration, Data Management & Reporting:
- To maintain the CRM with timely updates of all records relating to donors, donations, campaigns and events.
- To prepare the regional monthly reports regarding fundraising and communication or the Regional Manager.
- To submit weekly reports on the status of donors, events and campaigns.
- To assist the Regional Manager with the income section of the region’s annual budget.
- To ensure that all CHOC policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to.
- To undertake all responsibilities and tasks embracing CHOC’s values, ethos and behaviours
Education: A relevant bachelor’s degree/ Diploma.
Experience: A minimum of 3 years corporate fundraising experience within a NPO (Non-Profit Organisation) as well as in but not limited to, public relations, prospecting, business development and negotiation. Persuasive writing, strong verbal communication and the ability to interact with company executives.
Additional Training/Experience: High level computer literacy, excellent written and verbal communication skills, research skills and high net worth networking.
Skills and Attributes: Strong proven relationship building and solicitation skills are important. Attention to detail, organizing skills, ability to work under pressure, creative and analytical skills, good interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide range of corporate donors, strong planning skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities, strong team player who also works well independently.
Other: Driver’s license essential
This position is full-time and will be based at the CHOC Office in Pretoria.
Please submit the following to email@example.com no later than the 15th May 2021
- Your CV with the names and contact details of at least three recent references
- A covering letter detailing your specific interest in and skills applicable for the position and your salary expectations.
Salary & Benefits
Salary in the range of R276 000 – R300 000 per annum, as well as pension fund and medical aid benefits after a successful probationary period