BASED: CHOC NORTHERN REGION – CENTURION
REPORT TO: CHOC HOUSE SUPERVISOR
START DATE: 1 OCTOBER 2023
Main Purpose: The overall purpose of the post is to undertake driving and maintenance duties for the CHOC Pretoria House and Northern Region Office.
- To assist with transporting patients/caregivers/parents to and from hospitals or other locations when required
- To assist with transporting patients, staff and volunteers to and from events/functions when required
- To assist with transporting stock/goods/branding material to and from events/functions where required
- To collect and deliver donations; parcels and post; certificates; stock; or items required for maintenance.
- To assist the House Supervisor with her driving needs
- To assist in transporting stock/donation and other items to and from the Regional Office when required
- To assist the CHOC House with maintenance work
- To ensure that the CHOC House & office vehicles are in good running order –fuel, oil, water and tires to be checked weekly – and are serviced as required and to report any accidents/damage to the Regional Manager as soon as they occur.
- To clean the vehicles weekly
- To ensure that basic materials are kept in stock and that all tools and other maintenance equipment is kept in good order.
- To daily complete a Vehicle logbook & Daily Attendance Register
To carry out all these responsibilities by endorsing CHOC’s values and behaviors.
- To ensure a clean and safe environment for the children, teens and caregivers staying at the CHOC house.
The minimum requirements for the post are:
A proven record of having undertaken driving duties over a three-year period – including transporting people
- At least a grade 12/standard 10 certificate ·
- Must have a valid driver’s license with no endorsements essential.
- minimum code 10 ·
- Physically fit to load and unload heavy material and assist residents ·
- Able to follow instructions ·
- Self-Starter ·
- Work without supervision ·
- A strong customer service orientation; ·
- The ability to work according to strict deadlines on a continuous basis· Professional appearance, together with the ability to liaise, interact and communicate with customers and management alike.
- Must be reliable and of sober habits and have no impairing illnesses.
- Hours will be Monday-Friday 08:00 – 17:00
- Able to work the occasional over time during emergencies and events
To apply submit your CV with the names and contact details of at least 3 recent referees as well as supporting documentation to [email protected] no later than 12th September 2023.
Salary & Benefits
Salary in the range of R91,000 – R96, 000 per annum, as well as subsidised pension fund and medical aid benefits after a successful probationary period